What is cd?

-----Original Message-----
From: janet paterson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:17 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: doubting Thomas / questioning thomasina

At 05:17 AM 2000/07/12 -0400, hilary wrote:
>your first statement says it all - but i come to that from the opposite
>direction - my pd is not new, but  my significant other is.  And i use that
>term advisedly, because this is not my spouse - yet, or maybe never - the
>relationship is too new to determine that. but we are close enuuff for my
>sleep habits to become an issue.
>this is a very delicate subject, but an important one. Dealing with a new,
>intense relationship is a problem for anyone at my age, i should think - i
am
>51 and have been widowed for 6 years. I have no caregiver.  and i do not
want
>my significant other (s.o.) to think i seek this relationship merely
because i
>need a cg.!  but of course, it would be nice to have a partner who as well
as
>loving me, would take care of me when that time of need arrives - and
lately
>that time  appears to be approaching. Is my fear of the future alone
>contaminating this relationship in any way, or is it the real thing? I
think
>the latter, but how do i convince my s.o.? And how do i accept the
proffered
>help, which i need, without it becoming the focal point of the
relationship?

>yours, in love - and in a quandary
>hilary
>
>Alf Cousins wrote:
>>
>> I know caregivers must have a difficult time, finding their lives turned
>> upside down, especially after years of effort, but how do I deal with my
>> wife (I'm not modern enough to call her a 'significant other')........p

i'm an 'outsider' to long term committed sleeping partner type relationships
never really had one
but
my reaction here is
'what you see is what you get'
here and now

my love
may be hit by a truck tomorrow
i may be cured of pd in two years
we both might get food poisoning in three years

if i see the focal point as my needing help
or needing to learn to accept the proffered help
then that is what i will get

if i restrict my loving communication to the physical aspects only
then that's what i will be limited by

my loving someone is in my head my ideas my mind
where there are no limits

i am not only pd
i am not only cd
i am not only a body

and neither are you

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: "[log in to unmask]" smail: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0
Canada