Nancy,
When my Neuro. Doc wrote me a RX for Laradopa, which, as you
know, is L-dopa alone, he said he hadn't written an RX for that
since 1977.  It does work alone, it just takes 3X's more to
do the job, and believe me when it wears off---its GONE!!!.
With Sinemet, I don't have the "offs" , but then I didn't
have the purpura with the Laradopa either.

We have, both my husband and myself, Medicare and More
by Blue Cross & Blue Shield.  They pay for our medications,
and they did, and will pay for Laradopa or Sinemet ,but will
not allow me to go to foreign countries to fill an RX. I could,
if I wanted to pay for them, but I really don't want to pay for them.
The problem I had with Laradopa was it required 3 FULL
meals a day to take it.  I never did get built up to the 4th.
pill a day I was supposed to take. After gaining 10 pounds,
by eating 3 full meals a day, I decided the purpura was the
lesser of 2 evils, and went back to Sinement, because I can
take it with just V-8 juice if I have to.

just me,
Marjorie