Marjorie....

YUCK!!  What a way to live - with the simplest products seemingly
ganging up on us.  <deep sigh>

FLASHBACK TIME: :::::::poof::::::::  About 3 years ago I wrote to
the folks at the Kretchemer company which made then  (and may
still make) a honey-roasted wheat germ bits which not only tastes
delicious, and gives an extra "crunch" to a salad and other food
dishes.  It's ALSO very healthy for us to eat.

I wrote the maker  out of sheer frustration because I had  used
their product for years and had finally reached the point where
either _ I _ had to STOP using it, or THEY had to change the
"Hold-jar-firmly-and-press-down-in-middle-while-turning-lid-to-rig
ht" lid opening instructions to something  not requiring three
hands working in conjunction in order to open their darn jar!!

I kept my letter brief, but called to their attention how many
others of their customers, living with movement disorders must
have given up their product out of utter frustration as I was
close to doing.

The upshot of this all was that the company Fed-Ex'd me six large
jars of their
yummy honey-roasted wheat germ, not one of which I was able to
open!

There was also an enclosed letter from their Director if Community
Relations explaining that they were PROUD of their vacuum-tight
packaging as it not only kept their product fresh till it was open
for consumption, AND it  was ALSO an "Easy-open-jar," according to
their product and packaging testing!

They then suggested I PRACTICE opening their jars a few times and
they KNEW if I did that, I wouldn't have any more problems with
the getting the lid off their product.

OBVIOUSLY they had nooooo idea what "movement disorder" MEANS!
<GRRRRRR>

Barb Mallut (FORMER user of Kretchmer honey-roasted wheat germ)