From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: CareBear4PD
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:33:40 EDT
Subject:       Re: Pill Timers
To: [log in to unmask]

Mary -
just read your general reply and wanted to let you know what i've ultimately
done with my father -

you're correct -having to "set" the timer each time is very tedious and often
forgotten or not correctly done or finished completely.

1.  Radio Shack has several possible solutions for you since this would be
for people with CGivers in attendence (if this is for use in the hospital?)

Some either count "down" from whatever is set or you can set them - but I
must admit it's tough to find one that will go off every 1 to 2 hours -

Watches can be set, I believe, to produce a "tone" that will go off every
hour - again - either check online with Radio Shack or Casio or Timex -

Ultimately i have gotten a pager for my father that goes off every time he's
supposed to take his meds -
You can tell the company what times and what you want them to say - either
the specific meds for that time - or just a message -

below is a sample of what i've had programmed for my father:

6a      Good Morning!  Please call JoAnn to give            you your 6a pills

6:15a   Just a reminder!  Did you get your 6a           pills?  Check your
pill box -

9a      Dempsey - time for your 9a pills!

9:15a   Just a reminder!  Did you take your 9a          pills? Check your
pill box -

11a     Dempsey - time for your 11a pills -
            Are you hyper?  Don't take the TASMAR
            if you are -

11:15a  Just a reminder!  Did you take your 11a             pills?  Check
your pill box -

2p      Dempsey - time for your 2p pills -
            Are you hyper?  Don't take the 1/4 Sinemet          if you are -

2:15p   Just a reminder!  Did you take your 2p          pills?  Check your
pill box -

4:30p   Dempsey - it's almost time for your 5p          pills -
            Do you feel like you're konking out?  If            so,     go
ahead and take the 5p pills now -

5p      Dempsey - time for your 5p pills - (if          you took them at
4:30p -  disregard this         reminder - but check your pill box to be
    sure!

5:15p   Your last reminder of the day!  Did you         take your 5p pills?
Check your pill box -
        If you did - see you tomorrow morning!

OR

you could have them program:

6a  Good morning, _______
        It's time to take:  1 aspirin, 1 green jelly bean, 2 peas in a pod,
and 3 pats on the back!

or whatever the 6a dose would be!  Get it?  If each hour they take the same
thing - fine - If not - no problem either

Please let me know if this might be of interest to you -

Cari
  daughter of Dempsey-PWP (71/16+)
  & Jo Ann-CGiver