Thanks Alf,
I shall have to purchase one of those gadgets.  Sounds as if
it would come in handy for a number of things. It would have
helped with the toothpaste and the Tylenol but I don't think anyone is
going to eat software,
and they already had it in a locked case.
My neighbor said the inner box was put in there upside down, which was
causing all
the problem.
Guess alls well that ends well!

just me,
Marjorie

At 09:57 AM 07/14/2000 +0930, you wrote:
>Marjorie,
>I hope the day got better for you..... Here's a suggestion for opening
>cartons, I stole it from a kid in the local supermarket who spends all day
>ripping them open. Use one of those craft knives with a retractable blade,
>have the blade retracted so that just enough shows to penetrate the
>thickness of the carton (it helps to tape it there if it doesn't have a
>locking device) Now you can slash at the carton with no fear of damaging the
>contents and with minimal risk to yourself.
>I don't know what the compromise is on packaging. We just had a couple of
>scares here with blackmailers putting strychnine in panadol(headache)
>capsules. Now how do you do that without leaving a trace? And the company's
>response, understandably, is to make the product tamper proof, for which,
>read harder to get into! But I guess I'd rather struggle than die.

<Snip>