>Wheat Germ Jars are really easy to open if the vacuum is relieved. To do
>this a nail and hammer can be used to make a tiny hole in the lid. Only a
>very light tap is needed with a small nail. A hiss will tell you you have
>done it. This also works with other Vacuum packed jars such as jelly and
>jam jars.
>
>K-F Etzold cg Carline

Also, I found a gadget--at Walmart?-- that does the job easily on any of
these lids.  It's red plastic, about 4" long, with a hook that grabs under
the lip of the lid, then liftds to break the vacuum.  Wouldn't be without
it, and I don't have PD, only arthritic hands!   :-(

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for