On 9 Jul 00, at 12:37, Dick Swindler wrote:

> I know exactly what you mean about feeling too young to go to
> someplace meant for retirees and so forth.  I'm 54, and can't
> picture myself surrounded by a bunch of people 30 years my senior.

We recently moved to a retirement community where we are the
youngest residents.  It can feel a little odd. But the other people
here tell us they appreciate that we are lowering the average age of
the place. They were at or closer to our age when they moved in,
and they tell us that we will age too, eventually!

Phil Tompkins
Amherst, Mass.
age 62/dx 1990