Hi, Ken -

Glad you're back.  What you say makes a lot of sense.  In fact, after looking
at what's available in our area, I suspect we're going to try to stick it out
here longer, doing just what you say - trying to find a handyman or someone
to do the difficult jobs, and so forth.  That's more easily said than done,
as you know.  Right now we're waiting on painters that were due almost three
weeks ago.

I think Dick is more eager to move than I am, and I'd guess it's because of
his concern about not being able to do the work around here himself.  I came
home from looking at more houses yesterday and felt tense and almost tearful,
and realized my "gut" was trying to tell me I wasn't ready to leave our house
yet.  I suspect we'll keep looking around from time to time, and one of these
days we'll find just the right house or condo or whatever, and then we'll
both be ready to move.

Thanks for your good, common sense advice.

Margie Swindler, cg for Dick, 55/18

<<
 A few thoughts on moving: IF you are happy where you live except for the work
 that needs to be done, why not try to find a handyman or a service that will
 do the jobs that are too difficult or dangereous, and check into improvements
 that can make the house liveable for a PWP, such as a stair lift device?
 Also there are many sidings that require minimum maintenance, windows with
 anodized or prefinished frames that do not need  painting or frequent
 cleaning. Depending on many factors, NOT moving could save enough money to
 pay for a lot of services!   Sometimes you can juggle the use of rooms, maybe
 making a bedroom on the first floor, for example.
 Ken