your first statement says it all - but i come to that from the opposite
direction - my pd is not new, but  my significant other is.  And i use that
term advisedly, because this is not my spouse - yet, or maybe never - the
relationship is too new to determine that. but we are close enuuff for my
sleep habits to become an issue.
this is a very delicate subject, but an important one. Dealing with a new,
intense relationship is a problem for anyone at my age, i should think - i am
51 and have been widowed for 6 years. I have no caregiver.  and i do not want
my significant other (s.o.) to think i seek this relationship merely because i
need a cg.!  but of course, it would be nice to have a partner who as well as
loving me, would take care of me when that time of need arrives - and lately
that time  appears to be approaching. Is my fear of the future alone
contaminating this relationship in any way, or is it the real thing? I think
the latter, but how do i convince my s.o.? And how do i accept the proffered
help, which i need, without it becoming the focal point of the relationship?

yours, in love - and in a quandary
hilary