But I notice changes which I also read about in forums like this
> one, like vivid dreams, blurred vision, loss of smell, and so on. I have
> say, I'm acutely aware of becoming a hypochondriac (-you know, the best
way
> to make your family ill? > Alf

Shucks, Alf, I'm 50....er....something and I haven't had any of your
symptoms.  Has it occurred to you that your wife might be in denial??
Denial makes it easier for her to deal with your diagnosis for now.
Eventually, when your symptoms become more severe, you'll have to watch her
go through the whole gamut of the mourning process.  You are not the only
one to have PD - your entire family has to deal with the disease as well,
and  - because the symptoms are insidious, will blame you for not 'getting
your act together' and of being a hypochondriac.  I would like to suggest
that the next time your wife accuses your age for your symptoms that you
stop her cold by saying, "No.  I'm not that old.  I'm feeling this change in
my body and I know it's not normal."  Sometimes a simple statement of fact
works the best.  In this way you'll slowly bring your wife to the reality of
your illness.

Please be prepared for her to be angry.  That's normal too.  Expect tears
and some anxiety as well - she has no idea what her future will be, and
that's scary.

Having said that, I'd like to share that my husband got PD when he was forty
and just retired at 60.  His symptoms have increased gradually over a twenty
year period, but we have learned to cope and adjust as he has changed.  PD
is a bad disease, but it leaves it's victims with a sound mind and an
ability to share in life's journey.  I continue to rely on my husband's
judgement and input in planning our future.  Your wife needs to understand
that her future isn't as bleak as she is imagining - and neither is your's.
-----
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/20)