----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "davidmeigs" <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: <[log in to unmask]>
Verzonden: woensdag 12 juli 2000 16:52
Onderwerp: Do any of you deal with dementia as part of PD?

Hi David,

>> I have noticed that dementia is NOT somthing often listed as a major
symptom of PD. <<

As Camilla wrote, about 30-35% of PWP get dementia. At first appearence this
seems a lot, but you have to consider that about 25% of ALL people get
dementia.

>> I have this "Mental fog"  that seems to vary in severity at times.
Memories are also very vague and confusing sometimes. <<

Problems with "cognitive" functions like memory, concentration etc. are
frequent in PWP and can be a result of PD itself and/or side-effects from
the meds. But they have NOTHING to do with dementia, nor are they an
indication of a higher probability of getting dementia in the future.

Confusion and "mental fog" can, besides signals of you getting used to the
PD or signals of a depression, also be side-effects of the meds you use.

Hans.