david
you tell the story like it is. it is my story and that of every yopwp. each of
us has to face the frustration of losing something - i used to be a competent
pianist,, now that is gone.
in  my support group there is a wonderful artist - he made the stained glass
windows that grace the chapel of the american university here in dc - and now
he cannot even  paint any more. and the most famous example - Michael j f ox,
his career over at 38.
but if i cant play the piano any more, and i dont have the wherewithal to set
up a foundation, ,i can do something - write a letter, make some phonecalls,
lead a support group, whatever.

it is a devastating disease, and you are fortunate that you are young enuff
and recent enuff     probably to benefit from the cure.  and extremely
fortunate to have a supportive family

hilary