Mary Ann,

Has your husband tried !/2 of a Sinemet 25/100 CR
 instead of 1/2 of a Sinemet 25/100, in each dose?

That might slow down the absorption of the
L-dopa, and spread it over time.

Also,  could the frequency of Comtan cause dyskinesia?
 Comtan's half-life is longer than Sinemet's,
so I question the Comtan with each Sinemet dose idea.

I do NOT take Tasmar with every Sinemet dose,
because Tasmar's half-life is MUCH longer than
Sinemet's.  And dyskinesia is avoided by doing this.

Ivan
:-)

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:03:01 -0400 Mary Ann Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> > Mary Ann,
> > Did you reduce the Sinemet when you got a positive reaction from
> > the Comtan?
>
> No.
> >
> > Dyskinetias are caused by too much Sinemet activity.  If the
> > Comtan is making the Sinemet more active you need to take less
> > Sinemet.
>
> My husband is taking 1/2 tab of Sinemet 25/100.  You can't get much
> lower
> than that for a Sinemet dose.  All his neuro is trying to do is to
> increase
> the 'on-time' of his Sinemet dose, since 1/2 tab doesn't last that
> long.
>
> My husband has *never* tolerated Sinemet well.  Since his first
> dose, he has
> suffered from dyskinesia - and that was 20 years ago.  We keep
> praying for a
> more effective med.  Considering that he is on a cocktail of PD meds
> (Symmetral, Eldepryl, Miripex, Comptan, and Sinemet), there's not
> much more
> to add or subtract to maintain his function.
> -----
> God bless
> Mary Ann

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses    HOT (for Maine) and sunny   87
deg. F   :-)