David,

How long have you had PD?  I can remember worrying about all of this for my
dad.  My dad has had pd since 39.  He is now 55 and still working.  When he
first got PD me, my brother, and sister were still in school and wanted to
go to college.  That takes $$$$.  Besides that, my dad was in the prime of
his career. That has made it difficult to compete with colleagues.  We were
all very worried about the future and still are.  My dad has managed to make
it though.  He completely paid for us to get through undergraduate school.
My bro still has a year and a half to go.

The best thing I can say is take it one day at a time and find a job that
you like that will accommodate you.  I know, easier said than done.

He talks about retirement and we encourage him to continue working.  Have
you thought about finding a job that does not require as much hands on
duties?  My dad works for the Govt and his job is in policy.  He has to read
and type a lot.  Now a days they are making a lot of concessions for people
with disabilities to enable them to work as long as they want.

My mom and dad have talked of moving in the future, but haven't yet.  They
still live in a townhouse with 2 steep flights of stairs.

I was a little hesitant to write this, bc I feel that I really can't tell
someone with PD what to do, since I don't have it myself.  I guess, I am
just giving it from my perspective.  I'm sure that the people on the list
with PD and their care givers will probably be able to give you much better
advice.

Jen