Jo Ann....

I'm just glad that the Pac Bell serviceman acutely found something
on the OUTSIDE of my home, 'cause there's a $46 fee for any work
which is done  inside your home, unless you agree in advance to
pay a pre-need monthly fee in addition to additional charges for
any in-home repairs performed by a Pac Bell rep.

It's been "THAT" kinda week, to tell ya the truth.  Over the long
holiday week end we had for the 4th of July, the kitchen faucet
developed a major leak and flooded about half the tile floor in
the kitchen.  YUCK!

Daughter Jamie referred me to a terrific plumber and he arrived on
my doorstep within an hour.  The leak was easily repaired and cost
me $35 in instead of the great amount I had expected.

Today, the kitchen and the entry hall were both flooded!  It seems
that the when plumber did the repair, he appears to nor have
looked into the cause of the initial leak - just fixed it. HE"S
returning tomorrow at 8 a.m. to hopefully y  FINALLY fix the leak.
(GRRRRRRRR!!! <--- Barb grinding teeth in frustration)

Then, earlyer today I got a phone call from the the fellow I'd
hired to install wallpaper in my  bedroom who was scheduled to do
the job this Tuesday.

The paper hanger told me that he's having one of his assistants do
the job at my home, the day after tomorow, and declared that this
person is a highly talented paperhanger, but there was just a
'little" problem.

WHAT was the "little problem," you might ask?  (Ya DO ask that,
right?) <grin> Well, the problem is the paperhanger happensd to be
totally deaf, and in addidtion, cannot speak, tho he does read
lips "pretty well."

While I have no problem working with a deaf individual, I have no
idea how
he'll be able to read MY lips 'cause of the PD "muble 'n stutter
I'm bothered by much of the time, and also, because I have a
tremor in my jaw..

I sure don't have a clue how he's gonna lip read and am already
anticipating a frustrating experience for both of us!  (But if he
ever DOES get the paper hung, my bedroom's going to look quite
charming.

Soooo... that's what I've been dealing with and I'm getting pretty
pissed  'cause thru no fault of my own, " negative things" have
continuing to keep  happening, to the point where I'm starting to
hate waking up in the morning,  just anticipating what ELSE could
go wrong.

Errrrr... I DID have a load of fun today, tho, because I went to
Home Depot for something, and while there, I came across a pile of
pink... VERY pink... flamingos for sale, and couldn't RESIST
buying  pair of 'em.

By the time I returned home I had developed a plan on what to DO
with them brilliantly pink flamingos.  In indelible ink, I wrote a
brief message on each bird, stating that the flamingos were the
infividual homeowner's to do what they wanted to with them.  They
could keep the thinggees for 24 hours and then must pass them on
to another resident amongst the 293 units in our condo complex,
and so on, till the birds have made the rounds of the all units.

So far, the resonse - from what I saw as I was using the pool-side
bar b q,  was totel hysteria... LOTS of laughter!.   Everyone was
asking who started the flamingos on their journey, and I didn't
say a word 'bout it being done by
MOI! <smirk>

Atsa all by me...

Barb Mallut