At 12:19 PM 07/15/2000 +0800, you wrote:
>Marjorie,
>
>  Would an electric bread knife help you at all? I am sure an OT may have a
>fit about this suggestion - but if electric toothbrushes are useful, why
>not an electric knife, scissors, etc?
>
>JOY

In my case Joy, an electric knife would be a hazard.  I can't brush my
teeth without my electric tooth brush, but I had to buy one which
was waterproof because I seem to drop things a lot.  It seems that
my hands just let go of things.  I have even been known to let go of
a fork full of food. In fact, I almost never eat without dropping food.
I wonder how many Parkies do that?  Or if its just me?
I don't buy anything in glass jars anymore and both pairs of my
eyeglasses have plastic lens.

I have had tests, and my right side, which is where I have most of my PD, is
  78 seconds behind my left side. Which is why I have to wear a AFO brace,
I kept tripping over my right foot, and I'd take the toe out of my right shoe
in less than 2 months. I haven't had that test in a number of years, and
the lag time is probably worse now.
The only thing which saves me is I'm left handed.
I was never too good at playing the organ, but I could play,
but now its too depressing to even try.

I have solved so many other problems with this PD, but I can't
seem to solve the eating problem nor getting things open.
Its a toss up as to which one bothers me the most.

Thanks for your idea though, and maybe for some PWP's an
electric bread knife would be the answer.

just me,
Marjorie