Welcome, Michael--glad you found us.

As for side effects of Mirapex. one recent concern is sudden "sleep
attacks" especially while driving.
And for any PWP who tends to have confusion or halucinations (usually a
later stage) the agonists like Mirapex may trigger that---in which case,
Sinemet should be reduced  ASAP.   My husband had a very scary  paranoid
episode when he started Mirapex because his Sinemet was NOT reduced at
once. Studies show it can be cut back (gradually) by about 20-30%.  Be sure
whenever he gets a new med to ask for the package insert which tells about
side effects, contraindications, etc.  Like all the meds, different folks
have different experiences with Mirapex.  But he should be aware, and start
slowly.  Good luck!
Wouls you like to join the CARE list for caregivers ?