Sorry Bern, this isn't saying they have found a way to "travel" faster than
the speed of light. To do that, something having mass would have to be able
to go faster. Newtonian physics and the Einstein"s Theory of Relativity
doesn't allow that to happen. This experiment only showed that light could
travel faster depending on the medium it is traversing. Light has no mass
and therefore doesn't violate the law if it breaks the speed limit!

I believe that there is an extremely high probability that we are not alone
in the universe, however, I also believe that the Creator placed these vast
distances between us and fixed the limit of travel to insure we never meet.