Barb M. Sounds as though your past weeks? have been as insane as mine.
We started a vinyl flooring installation
in our kitchen and bath on the 21st of June. The installers completed
the job
on the 4thof July (thats right) then came
the installation ofthe new vanity, basin and faucets.Fri(July 14th) the
doors and
drawers were finally installed in the new vanity. The job that was
supposed to disrupte the house for a couple of days
and cost xxx dollars, became almost 3wks
of dissaray and a third again the original
estimate. First a leak was discovered
meaning a plumber. We live in a very small town where contractors are
not readily available. Of course a plumber is not cheap. The slow leak
had caused a multitude of problems that had to be remedied before the
vinyl could be installed. Of course the slow leak had rotted the bottom
of the old vanity. So
what the HEH! Gotta replace the vanity
why not just replace the basin and faucets? On and on and on it went.
Remember! Here we sit, 2 old farts, that are no longer able to do the
grunt work, the labor repairs, etc.Stove in the living room, also the
fridge.No sink in the bathroom(only one we have) Fortunately
other than the wear on frayed nerves
and spending more money than expected
things really are not to bad. George's attitude is"it could have been
much worse". We now have wonderful new floors and the bathroom looks
like it is all new.
Through all of this we still maintained our sense of humor. Like it's
obvious you did to Barb M. I'm still having a little ice cream
occaisionally. Just not as often as I'd like. Just had to get in the
food SHOT!
Hugs Juanita CG for George74/71/64