William Parrette writes the following,

 "But, when
     I  get  into  "Focus  10," my tremors disappear.  It isn't a fast
     process -- it takes some time; and there are times that  I  can't
     "get  there"  for whatever reason -- I'm sure there are a variety
     of reasons; and, it's not a very useful state of consciousness as
     the  only  thing you can do is use your brain and mind for think-
     ing.  The instant you move a muscle, you pop back into your  nor-
     mal, consciousness state."

    I am experiencing somewhat the same situation, I can with some effort
and concentration, stop my tremor while I am not asleep. I have constant
tremor when I am awake, for more than four years now, but it is not very bad
yet, just annoying and embarrassing. My wife says I am practicing a form of
Yoga. Or maybe I am using biofeedback. I had some lessons on that years ago
trying to control lower back pain.    Any way what I do is to come home from
some shopping, exercising at the health club or working in the yard, anyway
I am tired and have been busy for a good part of the day. I flop down on the
floor and turn on the TV or radio (classical music) and stretch my left arm
(the tremor side) out on the floor and then just relax, telling my brain to
just "knock it off" (the tremor) and relax. I can then get a few minutes to
a half an hour of total rest with no tremor. Of course this also relaxes my
bad back and is very helpful in terms of just getting a good rest, then I am
able to get up and "go" a few more hours.

Most people I know who don't have PD, but do have a bad back of just overall
body aches and pains, would benefit from this routine, but they just wont
take the time to lay in the floor every afternoon for an hour.

Lanier Maddux    65/4       Chattanooga Tn.

Request a CDROM  1-800-333-3633