In the year plus that I have know for sure that I have PD, many up and
down periods have taken place.  For a week or two it seems I am going
down hill fast, then long periods of stability, even improvement seem to
be the order of the day.

Requip certainly has helped me, though reading the shares by people
farther advanced and/or taking other meds, seems discouraging in most
cases, I can identify at least four areas where I am far better than I
was at the outset.

So the picture is confusing, but I suspect that our dopamine supply, as
it diminishes, may have a sort of geometric progression in symptoms.
Perhaps our bodies preserve the most important functions the most
zealously, so that when these functions are finally affected we notice
them more acutely.

Chuck