re buzzer I have one that is very easy can be purched from med co. or if left alone wired to phone .I wear mine on wrist .It gives a sense of security .
  RE  --pain try pain ointment . Hope this helps.Phyllis --- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]>ParkinsonsNZ
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2000 4:40 PM
Subject: 2 SUBJECTS: BUZZER AND PAIN

1ST QUERY: I've had a query from an Australian who would like to know if there is a buzzer available for her very weakened grandfather. He has virtually no strength lrft in his hand to press down , so would need something very light to operate. Any ideas?

2ND QUERY: My father is at an advanced stage of PD. Just recently he has developed stabbing pains in one foot, which are now also spreading up his leg. His doctor seems to think it is parkinsons-related. He has been to a podiatrist who can't find anything wrong. Is this kind of pain a feature of late stage PD?

Eva Petro