At 14:44 2000/07/27 -0400, jerry and i wrote, in part:
>>...A couple of years ago I spent my time sitting in my
>>living room, hunched over the computer, writing stories
>>and cussing the PD that kept pulling me downhill.
>>Walking bothered me, the keyboard was becoming
>>impossible, my wife was talking about moving to a place
>>where I didn't have to do anything, thinking that the
>>day was fast approaching that I couldn't do anything...

>...imho, jer,
>what you have done, is simply changed your visors
>from looking at what you can't do
>to what you can do
>in an area that feeds your spirit and passion...

everything has its own time and its own season
[where have i heard that before?]

your hours at the computer were not a negative
although they may have been frustrating at times
you were an inspiration then as well

you accomplished a great deal maybe without fully realizing how much

in the dark ages of the world wide web
finding any information at all on parkinson's
was shall we say a learning experience

gail discovered webrings on the wwweb
and you hopped into the ring with total generosity
offering free web pages and web space to all and sundry

you were my inspiration to 'go public' with my first web page

[they are all still humming away at newcountry.nu, i might add]

look how much we have all learned in three short years

if the learning and growth in the world wide web is reflected
in the learning and growth in neurological research
parkinson's does not stand a chance

the idea almost makes me sad

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: "[log in to unmask]" smail: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada