Michael-- NO, the lack of tremor is not strange. There seem to be 2 types
of PD, and one is marked by tremor, the other by rigidity, slowness, etc.
That's what Peter has, BTW.   If you haven't discovered the PIEN list
archives, where everything ever posted is filed, you might take a look.
Many of your questions will be answered there---but remember, each PWP is
unique!

Try Simon Coles'  archive at http://james.parkinsons.org.uk/search.htm

ALSO  Janet Paterson's
a new voice: <http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/>
(includes "Hole in the Head Gang" re: Pallidotomy)