Greg, I'll just relay to you what George says at least once every day.
"It could be
worse." He frequently says that each day he is able to stand alone,
dress himself
go outside by himself, feed himself is
just one more day to be thankful for.
Granted George is much older than you are. However his 30 days in 99
that he spent in the hospital and nursing home
gave him an entirely different on whats important and what isn't. When
he left home that fateful day he could not stand
even with assistance. So his determination to stay as mobile and self
sufficient as possible has truly become an obsession for him. Granted he
has no kids at home nor was he the primary breadwinner. Yet he is
grateful for every
day that he is able to function on his own two feet.
We (he and I) have no clue how this would have affected us had he been
20 yrs younger at time of diagnosis. We do
know that we thank God every day that
we are still able to communicate with each other. This horrid desease is
not
in any way, as far as I'm concerned, ANY kind
of a blessing. However he has it and all
either of us can do, is be the best that we
can possibly be.
Greg, we all get frustrated! And I as the
non PWP can not  pretend to know how those of you with the desease feel.
I can only imagine.
Hugs to you and Diann
Juanita CG for George 74/71/64