Good Day Nigel:

I had a similar experience.  In 1995 I had angioplasty twice.  The first
operation did not go very well.  They had to implant 2 stents (miniature
slinkies) in the artery to hold it open and to use the paddles several times
when my heart did not cooperate by beating correctly.  The next morning my
neuro commented "it was tough and go for a while".  It was immediately after
the first operation that a friend commented that I no longer swung  my arms
and I always looked sad.  My neuro felt that the operations may have brought
on the symptoms earlier than if I had not had the operation but was adamant
that the operations had no effect on the progress of the disease.

Joe Hertz