Nebraska PD Registry was established and funded by the Unicameral
(legislature).
The Registry is maintained by the State Department of Health.  The
information in the registry is available only to bonafide researchers for
bonafide research projects.  No personal names/ identification is provided to
the researcher.  Reporting is to be done by hospitals, physicians and
pharmacies within the state (in order that those who order drugs from out of
state or see physicians out of state could be counted).

The ruckus that was raised on this list previously was because Social
Security # was included in the information the reporting agencies had to
provide (this provided so that the same individual would not be counted
multiple times in the registry).  Many on the list felt that privacy would be
compromised.  The format for the questions/answers on the registry was
devised by/or in cooperation with neurologists treating PD patients.

I do not know how well the registry is being maintained.  I will admit that I
have my doubts.   I have NEVER been asked by my pharmacist, physician or
hospital to provide any of the information which I understood was to be
requested on the registry format.......such as where I grew up, where I lived
previously, use of chemicals, well or community water source etc.....

Rita Weeks  55/10
Lincoln, NE