Hi All,
I agree it's probably preferable to be diagnosed late in life...

It is also better to be diagnosed now than say 60 years ago
like my great aunt - age 40 - institutionalized age 41 or 42 - no meds
- rigid and unable to feed herself or bathe or go to the loo for years
- few visitors - no hope and  passed away at age 53......

Me? First symptoms at age 38
- priveleged to have a choice of good doctors and a choice of meds
- priveleged to have some say in my personal treatment for PD
- priveleged to still be working at age 56 and still walk and still drive
- priveleged to have this medium to garner information and support
- priveleged to join in the fund raising to race for the PD cure
- priveleged to be mobile enough to meet some of you in 3D
- priveleged to be mobile enough to play with my grandchildren

could be worse? yes... in the meantime... give your head a shake
and get a grip... it is up to each of us to manage our quality of life,
however diminished, in the best way we can... as Janet says

"i can choose to see the cup as half empty
and worry about what i don't have
or
i can choose to see the cup as half full
and enjoy what i have

it's still the same cup
but my outlook is not"

we can choose unbreakable "cups" or join Greg and choose the fine crystal.......

They make pretty good plastic wine glasses now - something my great aunt
never got to see.....  It could be much, much worse... count on it!

Best regards... 8-)  eyes wide open   8-)  ...........   murray