Good Morning:

We are considering botox injections for Mama's dystonia in the neck and
head.

Last year's pallidotomy did wonders for her limbs and only moderately so for
her neck.  Meanwhile, her sinemet intake (8 doses every two hours daily) has
decreased slightly with the addition of Comtan.  Unfortunately, she cannot
take the full dosage of Comtan.  Her body can only tolerate 2 Comtans in a
full day and that has decreased her energy considerably.  She is very weak
and feels sickly all the time.  Agonists do not work for her.

Her neurologist would prefer not to use botox injections because he is
afraid that for the first month her head would flop over to one side.

My parents and I would like to go to the next appointment well-prepared with
information and experiences of other PWP's who have had botox injections.
Will any of you out there share your experience with me?

Teresa, daughter of Mama (38/43/58)