Hi everyone --

Just a quick note to let you know that I am now officially at the
University of Windsor and to repost our cfp for those of you who may
have missed it earlier.  It looks like Boynton/Cook will publish the
collection.

Dale

How does emotion shape the work of teachers, scholars, and
administrators in Composition Studies?  How are we schooled to use
emotion in our professional lives?  What is the place of emotion, for
example, in our various professional relationships—with students,
colleagues, research subjects, administrators, advisees?  _A Way to
Move: Rhetorics of Emotion and Composition Studies_ poses these and
other questions that seek to develop a discourse of the emotions by
which compositionists might begin to name and interpret the affective
dimensions of their work.  Our title evokes the Latin root of
emotion—the verb motere, meaning "to move"—suggesting that action, or
movement, is an important component and result of emotion studies.
Submissions might focus on the politics of emotion, gendered emotions,
emotion as an ingredient for generating institutional and/or social
change, "appropriate" and "inappropriate" emotions, the emotionality of
doing research, emotion and the work of WPAs, emotion and the rhetorical
tradition, emotion and cultural difference, pedagogy and emotion,
specific emotions as responses to systemic problems.  Contributions
should both theorize emotion and suggest implications for teaching,
research, and administration.  We are open to essays that either focus
on the general concept of emotion or on particular emotions (i.e.,
shame, love, joy, etc.).  Send one copy of a 1 pg., single-spaced
proposal, or full-length essay, by November 1, 2000 to Dale Jacobs,
Department of English Language, Literature, and Creative Writing, 2100
Chrysler Hall North, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B
3P4; and to Laura Micciche, Department of English, East Carolina
University, 2201 General Classroom Building, Greenville, NC 27858.
Queries: email: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]; phone:
252.328.6702 (Laura) or 519.253.3000 (ext. 2309) (Dale).