From: davidmeigs [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, 3 August 2000 16:15
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Maggots & Leaches NOT Magnents - Dr. Bob or others

1st  -  My wife who has been in the field for many years has seen maggots
used many times.

2nd -  Dr. Bob perhaps you could give your input on leaches and why they
were used to alleviate symptoms such as fever.  I know that it was
ludicrous, but in a way it did work.  A doctor explained it to me once.
Somthing to do with shutting down the bodies ability to fight the infection,
therefore reducing fever or somthing like that.  Did the "science" of the
time understand "how" leaches work?

David Meigs  aka: Pappy