hi all

all this talk about heroes
and all this talk about list subscribers and subscriptions
only reminds me
that the only reason this list is here
to complain about and to celebrate
is barbara patterson

she started the list of her own initiative in november of 1993
and has worked on it unflaggingly and unflinchingly
[despite misguided [mho] offers 'to take it over']
ever since

so much so that she was named Woman of the Year
in her hometown of Hamilton Ontario
this past spring

list kerfuffles or no
i have always felt like a guest
in an extraordinarily generous person's house
which has doorways and windows providing open access
into the new frontier of cyberspace

i try not to be amazed
when i realize that some of us just don't 'get it'
but i guess that's part of the learning process that we all have to go through
when oh when will we spend as much time celebrating our blessings
as creating perceived shortcomings

am i guilty of the same kind of creative mis-perception?
i hope not but i also hope that
i am open to correction
if mistaken

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: "[log in to unmask]" smail: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada