I'm a relative new comer to the list and my initial reaction to the breadth
of content was that much of it was irrelevant. But I now have a different
viewpoint. A lot of contributions and good advice come from people who, were
it not for the 'trivia', would probably not even be visiting the list. As I
see it, if you want a totally technical forum there are others to choose
from. Try [log in to unmask] . It certainly deals with technical
issues in a clinical (some would say arrogant) manner. This list is made up
of people who are personally involved and affected by PD. They have much
good day to day advice to offer anyone who comes by and asks. Just see how
fast they jump in with help and support. So what if they indulge in some fun
and games and general social banter? That is the honeypot which keeps these
busy bees looking in this direction. I'm prepared to live and let live. The
list will evlove to suit the bulk of its membership, those that don't like
it's style will move on. Others will stay and help to shape it. I can use
the delete button or automatically filter out contributions I have no
interest in and am happy to do so in order to see the gems which appear from
time to time. So my vote, if this were a democracy, would be to continue as
is. It is a useful, informative and humorous forum.
Alf,
Adelaide
50 <1 48