hi all
it has been my experience or perception that australia with a conservative
government has meant a diminution of care for some minority groups
especially the poor and marginalised
there has been an erosion of ideals fought for and gained in the past
i see the womens movement fighting again for equality in many areas
carping criticism of the gay members of our society
single mothers get a bashing
the aboriginal members of our society are marginalised
i fear minority health needs are forgotten/swept under the carpet
politics is fundamental to the needs of minorities and it is vital to know
the attitudes of political parties to the needs of these minorities
the issue is about where ones needs will best be met under any political
regime and making an informed decision about voting
love to you all
judy