Date sent:              Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:22:40 -0400
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   "Marjorie L. Moorefield" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                The Test
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> Bob, you said,
>   The true test of a medical theory is "science", not "belief".
>
> To me the true test of medical theory is "does it give the patient
> relief"? I have a $12 tens pack I can't wear, and $30 worth of magnets
> I can and do wear, and they work, at least for me!!!

If you have trouble with your TENS patches, you can get another
kind.  There are numerous and some patients find some of them better
than others.

> Why would anyone want to deny the relief of pain to anyone
> just because you can't believe in Magnetic Therapy?
> It certainly can't hurt me!!!

Nobody is trying to tell you that you *can't* spend your money any
way you want.  Even foolishly.  But don't call it science.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"