Ken, you wrote in reply to my posting of an article from "Publishers
Weekly" about Michael J. Fox's book deal for $4 million, that will be
donated to the Michael J Fox Foundation to Parkinson's Research:

"Maybe I'm missing something here but I think this is very exciting. It
will result in a substantial chunk of money going to research and
advocacy now and it will do much to promote awareness in the future
leading to still more research funding.  That's a WIN-WIN-WIN situation."

You're not missing anything ... I wholeheartedly agree that this is
wonderful news -- a huge donation to PD research and to public awareness.
I was surprised that except for yours, there was no other response about
it from our list, and that the Publishers Weekly anouncement doesn't seem
to have been picked up by the other news media.

BTW, a number of folks from the Buffalo/Rochester area are planning a
train ride to the Unity Walk.
Best,
Linda