LISA CRUMRINE wrote:

> I seem to be experiencing complete lapses of memory, does any one know
> anything about this?  I am on sinemet, permax and amantadine
> thanks
> Lisa in paradise
> st john usvi
> age 42/dx93

There are at least two distinct kinds of memory, carried out by
different parts of the brain and affected differently by aging and
chronic disease. One kind is what I call 'long-term' memory of factual
info about people, places, things, dates, and events. Amazingly
persistent even in the very old. Selective loss of this type is called
amnesia. The other I call 'scratch-pad' or immediate memory, associated
with intentions or current actions. To my dismay I'm losing this more
and more often, whether from age (78) or PD, I can't say. For some, it's
a religious experience; because they think a lot about the hereafter
("Now, what did I just come hereafter?"). Cheers,
Joe