To Alf, Marjorie, and whoever else is in on the magnet discussion: First
point, has anyone not heard of Premarin? It is widely used as a hormone
treatment/substitute by woman, and it is made from PREgnant MARe urINe!!!  I
know there is a difference between a camel and a horse, but I would imagine
their urine is similar.....  Second point: I was of the opinion that magnets
should not have any effect on the human body, because I had no idea what they
would "attract" in the body, but think about this: Many people used to buy
wristwatches that were powered by wound up springs driving a series of small
gears and levers, which could be damaged if they became magnetized. A certain
percentage of those people could not keep a watch working for long, as they
would become magnetized when they wore them ,and NOT if they did not wear
them..... So I am guessing something in the chemistry of the body was causing
the watches to be magnetized. Any chemists, or watchmakers care to comment?
Another point, I had something called Plantar fasciitis, basically bone spurs
in my heels, which caused my feet to hurt when I walked, and when my feet
first touched the floor in the morning I had severe pain. After an
orthepedist gave me xrays, excersizes, and painful injections, and the pain
persisted, I tried a Podiatrist, who started off with similar treatment, then
made me orthotics which are custom shaped pieces of plastic(!) which I have
used ever since. I have NO pain in either foot, and it took about three weeks
after I started wearing the orthotics to work. So MAYBE, the magnets are
serving as supports for the affected areas of the body of the person using
them, and THAT is what is helping????  And maybe the ones that act as
mattress pads, are working like the plywood boards people put under an old
mattress when it sags, or like the wooden beads on a car seat that
distribute the pressure and massage you when you drive?  I have to consider
the source, and when an intelligent person tells me something is working, I
believe them!
I have great respect for the medical profession, but they still call what
they do "practicing" and that tells me.....it is not yet perfect!  One other
question to the list: there has been a great deal of blame on "electrical
fields" for causing harm and  death, to living beings, although it is
established that electrical impulses control our bodies, regulate the
heartbeat, etc. and the body cannot exist without these impulses. Also it is
a scientific fact that moving a magnet near an electrical conductor (usually
a wire) generates an electrical current. So MAYBE, there is a relationship
between the magnets used for a "cure" and the electrical pulses running
through the body?    Some things to think about!
Ken (In a serious mood)