Alf wrote to say how easy he feels it is to "automatically filter out" the
non-technical emails.  I disagree, I cannot do this automatically, nor
easily.  I recommend that the list be split into two lists, and those that
want information and poetry can subscribe to both, while others can choose
just the list that interests them.

I do not see why the University of Toronto should be in the business of
distributing gossip and poetry, and if the University wishes to provide this
service, it seems appropriate that it be done on a separate mailing list
from the information function that is the true purpose of the university.