Greg,
You said it so well - this is a cyber support group.  Guest speakers for
my Young Parkinson's Support Group  have included a gastroenterologist
discussing constipation & digestion, a neurosurgeon talking about DBS, a
Director of Pharmaceutical Services, a Social Security field
representative, and so forth.  But regardless of whether we're listening
to a speaker or watching a video of some Parkinson's symposium  we always
have time to socialize - to share a joke or relate a story about  our
children/grandchildren, recent vacation, family event, or discuss
problems with medications, freezing, etc.  If a support group member has
chosen not to attend a meeting, he has basically deleted it!  Does all
this seem familiar?!

Sharon H
52/44/40