At the risk of being considered one of those who pipe up with an "attagirl"
at the drop of a hat, I must admit that I agree completely with Jeannette.
My computer is an old one and I discovered to my dismay, that the older ones
need a battery to run the clock and if that battery dies you lose the system
setup and the whole computer until it's replaced.  I've been without this
infuriating machine for a week or two and I can tell you honestly that one of
the things I missed most was this list, nontechnical e-mails and all.  There
were 1000 pieces waiting for me (even after my niece went in on her computer
and deleted some things for me).  I'm still working on them and then I still
have to go into my Personal File and delete from there, but I'd rather have
to do that than give up the support and camaraderie as well as the PD info I
get from the list.  Mother fell and broke her hip at the end of June and has
been first in the hospital and now in a nursing home for rehab and physical
therapy.  Since I'm her caregiver and it's just the two of us here, it's been
rather lonely here at night so the renewed company of the list is most
welcome, nontech and all.
A little trick I use is to read the original message and then perhaps one or
two of the replies (to see if anyone throws in something helpful), and then I
just go down the line and delete anything pertaining the that first message.
It's quicker to delete before opening so it's faster than trying to read
everything.
Eleanor--Glad to be back.