Edie, I don't believe John's Hopkins has a separate study of the same
drug in the offing.  The AMGEN study involves neuros and clinics in many
states.  The pilot group has started medication and all should be taking
it within a couple of weeks.   These 30 will be followed by about 270 if
the drug doesn't develop bad effects, and it is my impression that all
the first 30 slots have been filled, and perhaps the rest as well as no
one research or treatment center has more than 8 or so alloted. Beyond
that I don't feel comfortable going at the group level as the study
professional, while not requesting non disclosure, have made it clear
that tons of inquiries sap resources that are needed for scheduling the
complex treatment protocol for the first 30.  The medication duration of
the trial is authorized to last 6 months, but could be shortened if
circumstances suggest.

I totally agree that we all may benefit from this drug, and scuttlebut
suggests it will be pused hard for dast tracking if the promising results
with lab animals can be duplicated on humans without serious side
effects.  We should know at the outside between 6 months and a year from
now, though there may be a minor omin
Love,
Chuck

I don't feel comfortable at the group level to get into specific
information

                                                    since AMGEN is
keeping quiet, though no one has suggested  the participants are not free
to do so.