In a message dated 8/5/00 4:43:56 PM Central Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Great idea Barb!  The only problem is that the pro-life zealots will not
embrace a religion that promotes free choice.  My personal opinion is that if
Bush-Cheney win in November this country and the rights of all, including the
disabled, women, minorities, gays, and others will be set back 20 years.  I
shudder to think of the Supreme Court appointments they will make.  If anyone
has any political contacts now is the time to start beating down their doors.

Greg,

I have seen the term "pro-life zealots" used before and I wonder just what
that conveys?  Does it mean admiration for a group of people that believe
that babies, both born and unborn, are a gift from God? Or does it mean the
person using it is very intolerant of other view points?
I would venture to guess that there is a group of people that look upon
the term "pro-life zealots" as inflammatory and counter productive.

I can still hear my dad telling me when IKE was elected that it was a good
thing to change the party in power and he said the same things when JFK was
elected.  I don't believe there was any time when human right were set back
20 years when a new administration came into the Whitehouse.  I think rights
for all will go forward not back.

Is this List going to become a political based forum or stay focused on a
common threat Parkinson's Disease?

Denny
58/52