We are looking into vertebroplasty for my mother's severe head tilt and
general  bad back condition (with vertebroplasty, cement is injected into
areas of the spine to correct certain conditions). We do not  know whether
my mother is a candidate for the procedure.

My sister spoke to one of the  various MDSs my mother saw and he said that
we had  to consider the fact that if the head tilt/back condition is a
result of her neuro disease and we manage to get the head up with
vertebroplasty, then the brain might be angry that it cannot do what it
wants to with the head. Who knows what the result will be.

I am sure there is another way to express this, but this is how he put it to
my sister. This  talk of brain retaliation (as though the disease hasn't
done enough) scares me. Any thoughts on this? Thanks. Debbie

Debbie White