Without getting into the politics of stem cell research let me point out
something that has been ignored by all, including the press:
The primary source of stem cells for research is from the surplus eggs of a
woman in a woman in an IVF (in vitro fertility) clinic. If they don't take
the cells from the egg (AKA zygote) the eggs are incinerated. It boils down
to the question "Is it better to incinerate these surplus IVF eggs or use
them for the betterment of mankind?"

Be sure to point that out to your Congressman and both of your Senators.
Sid Levin
PS Reprint of my article on this subject available for the asking.