Hi All,
I've been following the mail on stress. I guess it would be asking too much
to expect that someone had done a study of any sort? The anecdotes certainly
seem to support the view that sustained stress worsens the symptoms of PD,
but is that irreparable? Do you return to a previous baseline when the
stress goes away? Also, the 'survey' questions are less likely to get a
response from someone who either hasn't experienced any degeneration, or who
doesn't recognise that they are in a stressful situation. So what about the
people who figure they are at least as stressed as they were pre-diagnosis
but not suffering as a result, can we hear whether any such exist? What
about family stress. My job is one thing, but the most stressful part of my
life right now is dealing with two mid-teen boys who want to grow up faster
than their years allow and are driving their mother crazy, and boy.... is
that stressful for me. I only have to hear an arguement start up in another
room and the hand shakes more violently! I'd get pretty depressed if I
thought that this sort of thing was accelerating my condition. Given
sufficient evidence of accelerated damage, I reckon I could make an
impassioned plea to be admitted to a monastery...... very soothing those
medieval chants.
Alf,
Adelaide
50 <1 48