        I bought some new furniture for my bedroom yesterday,
I went to buy a new  mattress and box springs for myself and got to
looking around and found a sale on a nice chest of drawers with a bookcase top.
I needed the bookcase top almost more than I needed the chest
of drawers.
  So I bought it and my friends picked it up for me
and delivered it to the house and then took my old chest of
drawers as payment.  I came out the winner on that, I'll tell
you. The mattress set will be delivered on 17 August.

The point of all this aimless rambling being: I can finally
have a clock in my room which I can see at night.
I have a decorative Anniversary Clock, but I can't see it
in the dark.
By being able to see the time at night I found out that every
1.5 to 2 hours I wake up to turn over.  I knew I couldn't turn
over without partially waking up, I have to tell myself to turn over,
but I had no idea it was so often.  Also found out that if I sleep
more than a 3 hour stretch of time, that I'm completely frozen
when I awaken ,and the only thing which works is my eyelids.
Then I have to go through the drill of getting everything to move.
Which I'm sure happens to every Parkie in the world.  Its just
that all these years I've never known what time it
was during the night.
I'm still debating with myself is this is such a bright idea to
  always know what time it is.
I put my watch away when I retired, since I can no longer
hook the latch anyway. PD strikes again! So now I'm completely
unadorned, no earrings nor even my watch!!

Pinkie Swindler,
I think that sillyness was great!!  We need more of it.
Life is too serious as it is!!

Camilla,
I'm sure Peter and I could swap library tales till the cows come home
and never repeat the same ones twice.
My favorite one concerning kids, is during Black History Month
two young boys came to the reference desk for help, librarians
are not allowed to do their research for them, just lead, guide ,and
direct them.
I asked them if they had picked a subject for their "Famous Black
Women in Early American History" assignment and they became very distraught
when told that "Whoopie Goldberg", would not be considered
in that category.

just me,
Marjorie