Hi Bill,

The symposium was too short!  You guys picked a winner when she was selected
to head up the Center.   I have my appointment to see her on 8/24.  In the
question and answer time she talked about some things that really hit home
for me.  I asked about inner tremor, vivid dreams, and if people can have
dyskensia with out medication.  Her answer was no regarding dyskensia.

I had "vivid dreams" 3 or 4 years ago, and a few recently.  I thought it was
just a reaction to drugs that caused it in PD.  It turns out it is just
another symptom of PD some people have.  I only told my wife about my dreams
a few years ago, because it was too embarrassing.  I was afraid I was
loosing my mind.  I had to ask my wife if certain events REALLY happened, or
if it was just a dream.  I put a "generic" question about dreams on the PIE
net, thats what led me to believe that it was probably "med" related.  Maybe
I do have PD after all.

Another symptom I have had for years is "inner tremor".   I am not sure how
long exactly though.  My memory is quite messed up.  This one is probably
the most unpleasant of all.  I used to think nothing of it, but in the last
few months it can be debilitating.

The dyskensia is another thing though.  This is one of a few things that
makes me wonder IF PD is the shoe that fits.  I get involuntary movements at
times, and I take no drugs.  These are much worse with stress.  I am not
really sure if this is "true dyskensya" that I do either.  A loud noise, or
sudden movement makes me "jump".  If I am walking in a parking lot, and a
car starts, or starts to move, I "jump" like being startled.  Even if I see
it coming.  Someone sitting behind me making noise has the same effect.

The other thing that makes me wonder (even doubt) about PD is how fast I
have progressed.  My symptoms took a GIANT step about 4 or so months ago.
People there with the exception of a couple elderly folks did not seem to
have problems to the same degree as me.  My symptoms go up and down like a
roller coaster.

I was doing well today, not one tremor.  My balance was not too bad.  BUT
after waiting for an hour or so for the symposium to start my nerves really
got to me.  When I got out of my car, I was having problems.  I had to walk
slower than usual, and I even had tremors several times.  My voice dropped
way down in volume, etc...   STRESS INDUCED!  I have finally been able to
put 2 and 2 together.  That is why I always have the most problems when I
see the doc.  ESPECIALLY the neuro!  Maybe that is why my symptoms go up &
down!   Hmmmmm.

My neck pain & head ache is another one wild card that gives me doubts about
PD.  I was going to ask her about that, but we were out of time.

P. S.  I got to tell you about what my poor wife went through when you
called.  We have a Mastiff (pony sized dog)  It tore off our mobile home
skirting and got tangled up in the wiring.  It smoked one of our TV's, and
light went out to half the mobile (chance is ok).  She went out to fix it
(she dose not know what she is doing)  She tried stripping the insulation on
the wires and stabbed her hand.  The knife went almost completely through
her hand!  She finished her repair job, and came into the house.  The kids
were all upset, mom is standing there bleeding, shaking, and crying.  This
was the moment you called!  She hopes you don't think we live in a mad house
(all the time)

Take care,

David Meigs  aka: Pappy