Maybe the issue isn't that we feel guilty. I can certainly nap anytime
without feeling guilty... unless... I'm doing it where other people can see
me and at times when they would think it abnormal. So, I don't nap in the
office during the day because my staff would see it as setting a bad
example,  but I have no problem with 'couching out' in the evening or at the
weekend and the family gives me space for that. What I am saying is that the
feeling of guilt isn't caused by napping, but by being out of step with a
cultural norm. I read about 'power napping' and the executives who claim it
makes them more potent in their work, but they seem to be the exception
rather than the rule and presumably, they have office doors they can close
and pet dragons to enforce the 'can't be disturbed' rule. This way they
avoid being caught out breaking the cultural norm they would fire their
employees for!
Alf
Adelaide
50 <1 48