hi all

kathrynne holden wrote, in part:
>Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 06:48:13 -0400
>P.S. I have changed the subject line so you wouldn't delete.
>I agree -- I have heard offline from two listmembers who
>state the constant posts on suicide and CD have put thoughts
>in their minds that weren't there before. They were not
>positive thoughts....

we are uncomfortable with a lot of things
but ignoring them doesn't make them go away

the us surgeon general thinks the subject of my posts
is worthy of a great deal of attention

it occurs to me based on my own experience
that anyone who is not suffering with a cd mood disorder
would be able to read anything about the subject
without getting depressed
and on the other hand
that anyone who is uncomfortable with the subject
or 'can't bear' to think about it
is likely suffering with it

in re the listmembers who contacted you
maybe the act of talking to you about their negative thoughts
is one of their first acts of opening up
and acknowledging their feelings
if so,
they have taken the first step to recovery

when a lot, if not most, of us finally received the diagnosis of pd
we felt a sense of relief, even though nothing had changed,
that our bodies were not falling apart
that it wasn't something worse etc etc etc

when i realized that my sour feelings and the world i had made were due to cd
i felt a similar rush of relief, even though nothing had changed,
that there was a reason behind the pain
that i wasn't going insane
[whatever that is]

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: "[log in to unmask]" smail: PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0
Canada